I’m a former person, on hiatus while I raise my two darling, crazy children, one of whom has PDD-NOS.
I’m an amateur in the literal sense. The word comes from the French amateur (“lover of”), derived from the Latin amator (“lover”).
I love many things, topics, ideas, but am not an expert in much of anything.
I have an opinion anyway.
The title of my blog means “confused,” which is as good a description as any for who and what I am. I write to try to make sense of the world. If it doesn’t make sense to you, feel free to let me know.
I blog under a pseudonym to protect the innocent. Not me—family and friends who make occasional guest appearances in my posts. I figure they didn’t sign up for this blogging thing, so they deserve a bit of privacy.
If I write about experiences I had while working at our local Big Effing Hospital, I will change details if necessary to protect the privacy of patients.
I am interested in science and medicine, but I’m neither a scientist nor (shudder) a physician. I’m not even a naturopath.
Anything I say about science–and especially the science of medicine–is the mere opinion of a layperson. Consult a Real Doctor (MD or DO) if you want to know what to do about your impending heart attack or your brother-in-law’s toenail fungus.
The short version: Thou shalt not steal. Even from me.
The long version:
All text content in this site is available for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives (CC by-nc-nd) license, except where otherwise indicated.
Images, video and other media are used under a variety of licensing agreements (as noted), and all rights are reserved accordingly.
If you wish to use any content from this site outside the licensing agreements indicated, please contact me, or other copyright holder(s), as appropriate.
Blog With Integrity
I support the principals espoused by the founders of Blog With Integrity:
- I assert that the trust of my readers and the blogging community is important to me.
- I treat others respectfully, attacking ideas and not people. I also welcome respectful disagreement with my own ideas.
- I believe in intellectual property rights, providing links, citing sources, and crediting inspiration where appropriate.
- I disclose my material relationships, policies and business practices. My readers will know the difference between editorial, advertorial, and advertising, should I choose to have it. If I do sponsored or paid posts, they are clearly marked.
- When collaborating with marketers and PR professionals, I handle myself professionally and abide by basic journalistic standards.
- I always present my honest opinions to the best of my ability.
- I own my words. Even if I occasionally have to eat them.
I value open discussion and debate. I don’t moderate or delete comments, unless they are spammy or abusive. If you wouldn’t say it to your sister, don’t say it here (unless your sister is a nun.)
Feel free to stop by and slap me upside the head.